iv therapY PROTOCOLS
VIDEO: IV NUTRITION SETUP
There are numerous different IV cocktails that one can bring into their practice. Below are a few examples.
Myers Cocktail: This cocktail includes a number of ingredients including IV fluids, electrolytes, B-Complex vitamin, Magnesium, and Vitamin C. This innovative therapy delivers vitamins directly into your bloodstream to ensure 100% absorption.
• B12 Vitamins
• Magnesium Chloride
• Vitamin C
This formula is versatile due to the specific blend of nutrients, making IV Myers effective for a wide range of clinical conditions, including:
• Muscle spasms
• Seasonal allergies
• Upper respiratory tract infections
• Cardiovascular disease
You don’t have to have a medical condition to benefit from the Myers IV. Many patients use this IV therapy as part of a preventive care regimen to help their body stay in top shape year round.
Immune Boost: The immune system is your body’s natural defense system. It’s an intricate network of cells , tissues, and organs that band together to defend your body against invaders.
• B1, B2, B3, B5, B6
• Vitamin C
There are many of different types of IV cocktails that can be created. You can also do ‘Add ons‘ like:
• Glutathione – Master detoxifier, and the body’s main antioxidant. Toxins are linked to glutathione, which then carries them into the bile and stool, and out of the body. It protects our cells delicate chemical machinery, helps our energy metabolism run efficiently.
• B-Complex – B vitamins play a vital role in maintaining good health and well-being. As the building blocks o a healthy body, B vitamins have a direct impact on your energy levels, brain function, and cell metabolism.
• Vitamin C – An essential vitamin , meaning you body can’t produce it. Vitamin C plays many roles and has been linked to impressive health benefits.
• Magnesium – An important mineral, playing a role in over 300 enzyme reactions in the human body. Its many functions include helping with muscle and nerve function, regulating blood pressure, and supporting the immune system.
• Zinc – Zinc is a trace element that is necessary for a healthy immune system. A lack of zinc can make a person more susceptible to disease and illness.
CLICK ON IMAGE to see IV Supply Tray
CLICK HERE TO SEE SUPPLY TRAY
VIDEO: IV TREATMENT
IV Protocols / Step by step instructions
Protocols: Myers cocktail IV can be once a week although normally given once a month
or as needed basis. IV Myers with Glutathione (1000 mg) once a month.
Indications: Patients who are looking to boost their immune system, fight colds, poor diet/nutrition, brain fog, fatigue, improved recovery from work outs and athletic performance.
Contraindications: Patients with known allergies to ingredients.
Considerations: run at a slower rate in patients with altered kidney function, hypertension.
Step by step instructions:
Consult: Medical provider to review patient history, review allergies.
Review H&P, obtain written consent (IV Nutrition form), write order, and fill out production form. Document pre procedure vital signs, location of IV, start and stop times, how patient tolerated, providers contact info for questions or concerns post procedure, post procedure vital signs.
Set up equipment: 500 mL Normal saline bag, spike the bag, prime the line, flose, roller clamp. Identify best option for IV insertion site, apply tourniquet, don gloves, alcohol site, advanced needle catheter into vein, remove needle (catheter in place), apply tegaderm to secure catheter. Attache IV tubing to catheter, tape down tubing, remove tourniquet, and slowly open roller clamp to ensure IV placement and proper infusion.
Once IV is secure and placement is confirmed, medical provider can then add the Myers cocktail to the port on the normal saline bag.
Prepare Myers cocktail: don gloves, 10cc syringe and 18 gauge 1.5″ needle used to draw up Myers cocktail solution premixed from compounding pharmacy. Premixed solution kept in refrigerator for medical use. Remove metal cover for access, alcohol wipe to clean top, and insert needle with syringe into vial and draw back 10 cc of Myers cocktail. Alcohol wipe used to clean port on NS bag, insert needle into bag and inject Myers cocktail into normal saline bag. invert bag 2-3 times. Infuse “yellow” bag filled with vitamins into patient over 30-45 minutes.
Once infusion is complete, don gloves, close roller clamp, remove tegaderm, and slowly remove catheter from the vein. Place cotton ball and bandaid or coban over site.
Obtain post procedure vital signs.
Here is a place for any of the forms to be added.